Tautphaus Zoo (Pronounced Tut-fass) is open April 1 through the end of October. It’s a great little zoo, and is home for over 100 different kinds of animals. It’s not a huge zoo, but it’s a worthwhile trip, and makes for a good out-of-the-box date or outing with friends.
Admission is $7.25 (for adults) and the zoo is open from 9:00am – 4:00pm most days.
For full details on pricing and hours check out this link.
How to Tautphaus Park
1. From Rexburg, go south on Highway 20, for 25 miles.
2. Take the Lindsay Blvd. Exit.
3. Turn left onto Lindsay Blvd.
4. At the light, turn left onto Broadway.
5. Continue down Broadway until you get to South Boulevard (Note: Broadway becomes Elm after Yellowstone Highway, but don’t worry about it.)
6. Turn right on South Boulevard.
7. Turn right on Rogers St.
8. Tautphaus Park will be on your right. The zoo is in the Southwest corner of the park. Once you’re on South Boulevard you really can’t miss Tautphaus Park.